Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weigh-in for Week 3

Well, it looks like me posting everyday has somewhat evolved to every few days. oops!  Will you forgive me? :P

To reflect on this week I must say that PMSing while on paleo is difficult! (Sorry if that's TMI)  I managed not to "cheat" or anything, but I definitely was eating more fruit than normal and ate way more almonds than I'd like to talk about.  The lesson learned there: do not buy almonds.  It doesn't end well! (For me, at least) 


On Monday evening I made a pan-fried apple which was so delicious!  I really really wanted chocolate and ice cream (ha!) so decided on an apple instead.  After quartering the apple I cut it into really thin slices.  Then I put the juice of a half of lemon, some vanilla extract, and some cinnamon in a bowl and coated the apples.  Meanwhile I melted 1 tablespoon of butter down and got it pretty hot.  Then I just threw the apples in the pan and cooked them up!  It took maybe 5 or 6 minutes once they were in the pan.  It totally hit the spot.  It tasted like I was having warm apple pie. 

Yesterday I made sure to eat 100% cleanly and sort of went "back to the basics" in hopes to make today's weigh in a good one.  I drank a ton of water and got a great workout in as well too!  And, I did my whole workout in my five-finger shoes!  It was great.  I'm super happy with my purchase. 

So now for the results of the week.....drum roll!!

I'm down another .4 pounds for a total of 9.6 pounds lost in 3 weeks.

I'll take it!  To be honest, I was really nervous about today's weigh in because I was less than thrilled with how my eating went on Sunday and Monday.  So--to lose at all is a good thing in my book.  And hey, it's still a good total of weight for the 3 weeks.  And one other small victory...this is the lightest I've been in about 3 1/2 years! 

My plan for the week ahead is to keep doing what I'm doing and not let silly cravings get the best of me if they appear again.  I also am in the process of coming up with a game plan for this weekend because I'm going out of town for part of it and will, obviously, be away from my kitchen.  How do I stay on track while on vacation?  I'm determined to be successful so we will have to see what I come up with!

Thanks for stopping by, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment