Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Week 1 weigh in!

Well, I just had a celebratory breakfast after weighing in for week 1.

I had my zucchini pancakes again with 2 slices of bacon, an egg with sauteed onions, and an orange.  It was extra yummy because it celebrated me completing week 1 of eating paleo.

So are you ready to hear the results?  Drum roll please...... 

I lost 5.8 pounds!

I was expecting a loss, yes--but not that much of one!  I was very pleasantly surprised, so much so that I stepped on the scale again to make sure I read it right. :P  And I did, so there you have it.

People expect you to lose a lot of weight on week 1 of any diet, but I have never lost this much weight on a week 1 of any other diet so I'm pretty pleased.  And I suppose we will just have to see what happens in another week when I weigh in again. 

I may have spoke too soon about sleeping well because last night I unfortunately did not.  So that, in combination with sub-zero temperatures this morning, talked me out of going to the fitness class I was planning on.  Instead, I came home from work and crawled back into bed and slept for a couple more hours.  I know I would have been happy had I chosen to workout despite the circumstances but I'm ok with the decision I made to go back to sleep.  Gotta live a little since I'm on vacation, right?! :P

That's all for now...hope you all enjoy your day! (And that my fellow east coasters stay warm as well!)

see you next time-

No comments:

Post a Comment