Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sleep and salami.

I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night and, although it took me a while to want to get out of bed this morning, I felt totally fine today!  (without caffeine even!)  I couldn't believe it.  People say you sleep better and have more energy when you start eating Paleo and if today was any indicator, I believe it.  Downside:  It's not even 10 o'clock here and I'm already about ready for bed though.  But to go all day without caffeine on five hours of sleep?  Totally impressive.

And while we are on the sleep subject--I have slept better this past week than I have in a while.  I fall asleep pretty soon after my head hits the pillow and I swear I don't move or anything.  I'm definitely not waking myself up by tossing and turning.  It's awesome.  If that is paleo related, I am totally impressed again!  

....and now for a completely different subject...

Did you know that salami has sugar in it?  I had no idea!  (Quick side note: I have a part time job of getting 3 kids up and ready and off to the bus for school every morning)  So, I was making their lunches and looked at the nutrition facts (cause I was totally going to sneak in a slice for myself) and sure enough: sugar.  I was completely blown away....and slightly bummed!  They also had the pre-made fruit smoothie in the fridge that I had a sip of and although quite good, less than 5 minutes late my stomach was not happy.  I couldn't believe it. 

...changing subjects again...

Tomorrow is bound to be exciting.  First, because it's weigh in day--my first one!  And also, I am going to go try out another class at that aerobics studio.  When I met the owner on Sunday she said that she thought I would love this particular class so I'm going to give it a shot. (another side note: the owner totally sent me an email personally thanking me for coming to workout at their place--isn't that the nicest thing you've ever heard!?)  And also, I did not play very well today and therefore didn't get good practice time in....so that will surely be better tomorrow as well. 

I think that's about it--for those of you living in warmer climates, be thankful cause it is freezing out tonight.  It's 14 degrees out, but actually feels like zero because of the wind.  And it's supposed to get even colder as the night goes one.  Absolutely nuts. 

So stay warm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment