Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Fun

First I must sincerely apologize for not making an appearance on here yesterday!  Rest assured though, I've still been on track despite my absence!

So, rewinding to Friday night....I made an all paleo dinner!

Here was the menu:
Appetizer- Deviled eggs (with homemade mayonnaise!)
Dinner: Shrimp Curry with a Broccoli salad
(I had a dessert planned too but it got to be too late)

I had never made homemade mayonnaise before so it was a fun adventure.  I just googled "paleo mayonnaise," and found this recipe:
http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/20/homemade-paleo-mayo-cooking-demo/

Instead of a blender I made it in my KitchenAid mixer (with the whisk).  And I ended up juicing a half of a lemon into it at the end as well.  The results: definitely didn't taste like mayo from the store, but it worked well for the deviled eggs and the dressing for the salad.  And I'm going to use some of the leftovers in my tuna salad later this week. :)

Here is a picture of my deviled eggs:

Moving on to the main course-  
I got the broccoli salad recipe here: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/bacon-grape-broccoli-salad/
And here is a picture:

  

And the shrimp curry recipe is here:
http://paleodietlifestyle.com/curried-shrimps-and-spinach/

I took the tails off of my shrimp, used 1/2 fat coconut milk (it's what Trader Joes had), and added about twice as much spinach as the recipe called for.  It tasted great!  Here is a picture:

I couldn't get a good picture...but it was delish!

The whole meal was a lot of fun and none of us felt cheated out of carbs. :)  Success!


I also got a new pair of shoes, which I am super excited about....


Me and my friend Walker both got a pair!
They are called five-finger shoes, and the website is here:
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

I have been wanting a pair for quite some time and can't wait to start working out in them. yay!

The rest of the weekend has been full of relaxing, practicing my Horn, and hanging out with friends.  It's been great.  And, oh wait...I forgot--FOOTBALL!  I took some time out of my Saturday to watch the 49ers game.  It was epic.  Such an awesome finish!  I'm so proud to be from the Bay Area and cannot wait for them to take on the NY Giants next weekend!

I do have to put out a bit of a disclaimer though....I've had some cravings the past two days.  Not fun!  I've stuck with paleo fine, but I have to say--I've had my fair share of fruit and almonds the past couple of days.  I'm going to go back to the basics tomorrow and am just hoping that the cravings go away.  I sure hope a good night's sleep and a fresh start tomorrow will help!

That's all for now...see you next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment