Thursday, January 5, 2012

Eating out on paleo

I think I got a little over zealous yesterday after weighing in.  I ended up going out to dinner last night because I just did not want to cook, and it gave me the opportunity to meet up with a friend who had been away for the holiday's. 

We went to Panera and I spent a copious amount of time looking at the soups and salads deciding what I could have.  (I even googled nutrition facts, ingredients, etc. etc.)  I ended up getting the "you pick two" with french onion soup (no cheese or croutons or course) and an asian sesame chicken salad with no wontons.  I knew going into it that I would be "cheating" slightly with the sesame seeds on the chicken and the sugar in the dressing.  But I figured, why not, asked for light dressing, and we were on our way.  Oh, and I got a drink and chose unsweetened iced tea. 

It all tasted good and my stomach felt fine afterwards but I've had a bit of a headache ever since.  :/

So the over zealous piece of this is that it was much harder to eat out than I excpected.  The hidden ingredients in food are everywhere and are actually quite surprising.  I'm still glad we went out though; the food was good, the conversation was great, and it was really eye-opening.  But- I'm going to have to stick to my guns and not eat out until I get more acquainted with the various non-paleo ingredients that are often found in food that you wouldn't anticipate.  

I felt great this morning when I woke up despite not getting enough sleep and even had a good breakfast before walking out the door at 7a!  But now I'm about ready for a nap and am currently contemplating whether or not I should take one of just try and push through.

Oh, and one last piece of fun news....a down vest that I've had for a while fits again!  I didn't fit last winter, but it does now.  I'm stoked. 

that's all :)

see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment