Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weekend trip to NYC and weigh-in for week 4

As promised I am here with my NYC trip update.  In short, it went pretty well!

My first night away was spent at a dinner party at my friend Walker's house and I was so proud because I said no to baked brie in a puffed pastry!  I LOVE brie cheese, so I was quite pleased with myself at the end of the night for being able to resist. :P  Oh, and I also said no to super delicious bread.  Go me!  Here is the one surprising thing though: it surprisingly wasn't as difficult as I anticipated!  Don't know exactly what that means but it's encouraging, nonetheless. 

Breakfast Saturday morning was just like always and that brings us to our meal in the city....we went to this delicious mexican restaurant and had an awesome dinner.  My entree was 100% paleo, but I gave in and had some chips with our guacamole.  ....And then there was the alcohol. 

I decide to indulge, and boy did it taste good! haha.  I know there are a ton of calories and sugar in alcoholic drinks but it was totally worth it.  I figure that you've got to live a little every once in a while, you know?  Could I have done without it?  Yes.  But do I regret "cheating" on my diet? No.  This is no longer just a "30-day thing" for me (more on that later), and so I figure that this is just a part of life.  Sometimes you go out of town on the weekend for some fun and sometimes it's worth having a couple of drinks.  I would have probably seen a lower number on the scale today had it not been for those drinks, but you know what?  I'm totally ok with the number I saw and I'm still feeling pretty darn encouraged about this whole paleo thing.  Indulging ever once in a while is just a part of life and I'm glad I did it.  So there, that's that. :P

In other news, I went back to school this week.  It has been so busy!  I'm truly happy to be back but I almost forgot how busy school has been keeping me these days.  Eating paleo so far has been pretty smooth sailing though! (woohoo!)  The one thing I'm currently stuck on is that I have no idea how I'm going to maintain a good sleeping schedule yet.  I'm endeavoring to make it a priority, but how the heck do you go to bed at a reasonable hour when your to-do list is incredibly long?  Is there any way to make 6a not come so early?!  ....If you hear of a miracle, let me know! :P  It's going well though, and I'm plan to make the most out of my last semester here. 

And lastly, my weigh-in for week 4. 

Today marks day 29 and I have lost exactly 11 pounds.  Pretty sweet, right?!  The weight loss has obviously slowed down since the beginning but consistent losses each week really add up!  I'm hoping that this upcoming week will get me "back to the basics" of eating 100% paleo and that the scale will drop perhaps a little more than these past two weeks.  My goal: to lose 3.2 pounds.  Think I can do it? :)

With tomorrow being day 30 I'm planning on weighing myself one more time so I can get an "official" 30 day weigh in, so stay tuned for that!  And also be sure to check back sometime over the weekend because I'm planning on writing some sort of reaction post about these first 30 days and future plans as well. 

Thanks of stopping by and I'll see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment