Sunday, June 17, 2012

Goal setting

I don't have much energy but I thought I would check in before heading to bed.

Things were going great paleo-wise but I took a step back the past 3-4 days or so.  It was that time of the month and for all you women out there, you know what that can be like!  I craved every kind of bad food and was just EXHAUSTED.  Not all was lost by any means but I'm excited to get back to 'normal' tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a big day...I've got 5 weeks until I move out and head to a 2 week brass quintet seminar.  As they say, it's go time!

I've got to 1) save money, 2) practice my instrument, and 3) eat paleo.

1) Can't afford to purchase anything that isn't essential at this point.  Kind of a bummer because I feel like I have been working so hard but the reality is that I have a lot to save to make everything happen that is in the works.

2) I've been doing 1.5-2 hours daily and that changes as of tomorrow.  I must and will get back to practicing my normal 3 hours.  I have a lot of music to learn and I want to sound my best going into the seminar.

3) Paleo: I still have the same goals and am still just as committed.  I will keep working and I will keep dropping weight.  And my best friend is doing it with me now...we are going to help each other.  I want to lose at least 10 pounds in the next 5 weeks.


Goals for this week:
- Workout 4 times (have a run be at least 1 of those times)
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily.
- No coffee. Only tea if necessary.
- Get at least 7 solid hrs of sleep a night and shoot for 8.
- Eat 100% paleo.
- Blog 4 times. (this counts as 1!) ....writing is cathartic and I'm convinced that I'm more successful when I blog than when I don't.
- Only eat out 1 time. (I made plans with my roomie to go out to eat Thursday night but other than that I'm staying home)  

I gotta say, it feels good to have written those down.  I'm off to go work on the sleep one...time to head in that direction since I've got an early morning tomorrow.

Thanks for listening. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment