Monday, March 4, 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox- day 1

Life has been a crazy whirlwind and I finally feel like I have a few weeks to breathe now that a few big tasks are behind me.  Ahhh.

Things with school are going well...I just went back and read a few posts back and to my loyal readers in blog-land: I ended up purchasing that Horn that I mentioned I had been trying out back in November.  I love it! Just performed a recital on it also which I thought went really well.  *phew!*

In the weeks leading up to the recital I cleaned up my eating and, in turn, officially lost the 8-9 pounds I gained over the course of last semester.  Boy did that feel nice! But, in the process of being crazy stressed in preparation for my recital I told myself that after my recital I would buckle down some and concentrate on myself.  I made it a goal to attain a relatively normal sleep schedule and get my eating back in check.  I'm tired of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds...I'd like to build off of the 20 pounds I lost 8-10 months or so ago.  And who knows, maybe I can even figure out a way to fit in a workout or two during the week.  :P

This is where the 21 day sugar detox comes in...this happens to be coming at the perfect time for me and, after a week of celebrating my recital being over, I'd say it's time to get back on track.

(side note: when in music school your recital is similar to a very very large project so is very time consuming)

Day 1 Report
I think it's just as much a lack of sleep thing as it is the detox but boy am I tired on day 1...wow!  I expected this though so I'm not necessarily alarmed- just bummed I have over a 15 hour day today.  Sleep tonight will be awesome.

I'm excited about the next 21 days and I'm hopeful that it will help re-create some habits as I enter into the last part of my school semester.

Here's what has been on the menu so far today:
3 hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit for breakfast
Some roasted almonds and cut up carrots and tomatoes for snack
Hearty bowl of beef vegetable stew for lunch.
--I will have more beef stew for dinner--

For those familiar with the detox lingo- this is my first round of the detox and I'm doing level 3 with one exception: I decided to do the cleanse after I had gone grocery shopping so I have some fruit that I'm technically not supposed to have. (Your choices are typically either a green apple or a green-tipped banana) So- I will still be only having one piece of fruit a day but am going to not let those pieces of fruit go to waste.

But, other than that we are on track and ready.

I'm going to try to check-in every day...hopefully I can find the time in my schedule to do so.

So, until tomorrow-

J

No comments:

Post a Comment